IRS Whistleblower Office Annual Reports
The Tax Relief and Health Care Act of 2006 (the Act) requires an annual study and report be sent to Congress on the use of Section 7623 and the results obtained. These reports discuss program activities for the indicated fiscal years.
- Whistleblower Office FY2016 Annual Report
- Whistleblower Office FY2015 Annual Report
- Whistleblower Office FY2014 Annual Report
- Whistleblower Office FY2013 Annual Report
- Whistleblower Office FY2012 Annual Report
- Whistleblower Office FY2011 Annual Report
- Whistleblower Office FY2010 Annual Report
- Whistleblower Office FY2009 Annual Report
- Whistleblower Office FY2008 Annual Report
- Whistleblower Office First Report to Congress
GOVERNMENT ACCOUNTABILITY OFFICE (gao)
The Government Accountability Office (GAO) is an independent agency which provides to the United States Congress audit, evaluation, and investigative services. GAO studies and reports are requested from members of Congress. Therefore, there have been periodic audits of the IRS Tax Whistleblower Program by the GAO.
- GAO-16-155 (March 2016) Opportunities Exist to Strengthen Controls and Increase Coordination across Overlapping Programs
- GAO-16-20 (October 2015)
- GAO-11-683 (September 9, 2011)
- Congressional Memo: Report on improved IRS Whistleblower Office (September 9, 2011)
TREASURY INSPECTOR GENERAL fOR TAX ADMINISTRATION (TIGTA)
The Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) was established in January 1999 and consists of mainly auditors and investigators focused on the duties and responsibilities of an Inspector General on matters relating to the IRS. TIGTA's audit and investigative activities are designed to:
- Promote economy, efficiency, and effectiveness in administering the Nation's tax system.
- Detect and deter fraud and abuse in IRS programs and operations.
- Protect IRS against external attempts to corrupt or threaten its employees.
- Review and make recommendations about existing and proposed legislation and regulations related to IRS and TIGTA programs and operations.
- Prevent fraud, abuse, and deficiencies in IRS programs and operations.
- Inform the Secretary of the Treasury and Congress of problems and progress made to resolve them.
TIGTA is committed to serving the public by conducting audits and investigations that improve IRS operations.
- TIDTA Report 2016-30-059 (August 30, 2016)
- TIGTA Report 2012-30-045 (April 30, 2012)
- TIGTA Report 2012-40-106 (September 10, 2012)
- TIGTA Report 2009-30-114 (August 20, 2009)
Return to IRS Whistleblower Library